Welcome to Foody Friday, my turn to blog about something edible!
Whats a good Aussie BBQ without a potato bake. But with the weather as hot as it is, I was a little reluctant to turn on the oven and heat the house up some more. So I thought I'd try potato bake in the slow cooker. Here are the results:
750g potatoes (I chose to mix normal potatoes and sweet potatoes)
1 or 2 cloves of Garlic
1/2 to 1 cup of grated cheese
1 chicken (or vegetable) stock cube
Salt an pepper
1. Peal and thinly slice the potatoes and onions
2. Crumble the stock cube into a measuring jug and add enough boiling water to disolve. Pour in the cream, salt, peper, herbs and crushed garlic. Stir to mix.
3. Layer half of the potatoes and onion into the bottom of your slow cooker bowl. Pour on half of your cream/stock mixture.
4. layer the rest of the potatoes and onions into the slowcooker bowl and pour over the remaining cream/stock mixture (don't worry if the liquid doesn't cover all the potatoes - thats ok). Cook on Auto (of high) for 2-3 hours.
5. About 30 minutes to 1 hour before you need to serve your potato bake, top with the grated cheese and replace the lid. Cook until cheese is melted and has hopefully browned a little. Then Serve!
Enjoy :) Nilmerg