Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Reindeer noses - an inexpensive but cute gift


Hi All, Nilmerg here. Christmas is fast approaching and at 8:30 this morning, I realised that my daughter was going to her last day of preschool for the year. I get on really well with the wonderful teachers and other staff at the Preschool so I was wishing I'd made them something. Then I had a brain wave, why not make them some reindeer noses (inspired by the ever inspiring pinterest)!
What you will need:
1 bag maltesers
1 bag jaffas
small ziplock or cellophane bags
1 sheet of Christmas coloured card
glue & stapler
Ok, so first thing you need to know, there are 9 Reindeers. I know, I googled it and wikipedia told me (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus)!
So you will put into a bag 8 maltesers for the 8 normal reindeer (that's Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen) and one red jaffa nose for good olde Rudolph. Making a huge investment total of 9 lollies per bag. Seal the bag.
Cut your Christmas coloured card into pieces as wide as your bag an at least 3" long. Fold the card in half (so it remains the length of the bag.
Go to your word processing or art programme and find a cute clip art image of a reindeer and a cute font. Combine to form a small sticker sized image and print, see below. (If you don't have access to a computer or printer and you are artistic you could draw and write the labels)
I then chose to rip my little sticker sized descriptions from the paper in an artistic fashion. You could use scissors or even some of those fancy scrapbooking scissors to get a different look.
Glue the cut / torn out piece to the front of the card, then fold it over the top of the bag and staple into place.
And guess what! You are done!!!!!!
The 3 teachers in my DD's classroom were thrilled with their gifts. I think that they appreciated that there had been more thought put into it than just a box of chocolates.
I'll be using this quick and easy gift for all those people who you feel that you ought to give a gift to, but don't want to spend a whole heap of money on. Like the neighbours kids, or your work colleagues kids (or maybe even your work colleagues!), teachers, teacher's aides, acquaintances from playgroups, as a sweet extra treat for those friends children who are not allowed too many lollies, children at your church or community group, and the list goes on.
I hope I've provided you with a quick, easy and inexpensive gift that might come in handy this season. If I don't blog again before the big day, Merry Christmas.
Nilmerg / Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment