Tuesday, November 1, 2011

How Lovely

Hey there!
I’m Caitlan and I’ll be posting here as How Lovely, I’m twenty two and a self taught crafter!

I come from an eccentric and cute country town called Milton in NSW Australia. I am lucky enough to live near some amazing craft stores as well as the beach! My skills include sewing, paper crafts, jewellery making and I dabble in polymer clay. I am about to graduate from the University of Wollongong with a Bachelor of Arts majoring in English Literatures. Next year I’ll be moving to Japan with my partner to teach English! I am super excited to get amongst the Japanese craft scene and all their amazing products as well as to learn some traditional Japanese crafts like temari, kanzashi and origami; keep an eye out, I’ll be running some tutorials on these in the future!

I am a complete dreamer and idealist, I find it so hard to keep up with all the projects I am dreaming of, though getting serious about journaling is helping with that. I one day hope to use my creative skills to create a full time job, maybe selling my crafts, running an studio or craft store, being a wedding planner or events manager, writing a craft magazine or maybe some crazy combination of them all! At the moment you can see my work and my soon to be adventures in Japan at my blog and at my store.

I’m so excited to be a part of this blog, to share our craft knowledge with everyone we can so that these amazing crafts are preserved for future generations to enjoy. Bear with me as I get all nostalgic but I feel it’s such a tragedy that so many people younger than our grandparents have missed out on learning all these amazing skills! Check back here frequently, we’ll be introducing ourselves throughout this week and will be moving forward into reviews, tutorials, interviews and all things crafty after that!

Just for fun....
Vegemite or Peanut Butter: Peanut Butter! So yummy in cooking… And straight from the jar, ssshhh!!
Summer, Autumn, Winter or Spring:
Spring; for my favourite flowers freesias and cherry blossoms… But not for all the allergies!
Cats or Dogs:
Allergic to both, sadly, but cats, I love how lazy and cuddly they are.
Pen or Pencil:
Pen, I have to write in different coloured pens, anything other than blue or black!
If I were a doll, the accessories packaged with me would be:
Cute 1950’s dresses, high heels and handbags, and a few books too.
I know how to cook:
Pasta, that’s really about it! Actually I finally cooked a pork roast this week!
Scary Movies or Happy Endings:
Happy endings all the way. Scary movies give me nightmares!

No comments:

Post a Comment