Saturday, November 5, 2011

Foody Fridays - Slow Cooker Roast Beef

Slow Cooker Roast Beef


We love roasts in our house but with the hot weather I don't like to use the oven because it warms up the whole kitchen/living area.


So I did a roast beef in the slow cooker.


Firstly I scruched up some foil to put in the slow cooker insert. This is so the meat sits above any of the juices that runs out (You could use those juices to make gravy if you wanted to).



Then I placed my meat on top of the foil. I used a marinated beef roast (approx. 600g).


Cook on low for 7-8 hours.



Yummmm!
Serve with mash & veg.

(BTW - the meat was very tender & yummy)



Sally
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I like to use my carrots and potatoes to keep the roast up off the juices. The potatoes go so tender you could mash them with your fingers, and so tasty from all the yummy juices!

    ReplyDelete