Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Bio.

Hi, I'm Melanie and I'm really excited to be a part of this crafty blog.


I am a mum of two crazy, awesome children aged 11 and 4, and married to an amazing man who doesn't mind my crafty obsessions. I live in the Western Suburbs of Sydney and work part time.
I have had my personal blog Melmakespretty for a couple of years, although for the past six months I've taken a break.
I love sewing, card making and paper crafting and I love to try new crafts and techniques.
I am totally obsessed with Japanese sewing books, especially zakka, patchwork and bag making books.
I am also in love with vintage fabric and love scouring op shops for pretty prints.

I love to share my ideas, inspire people to try new things and take some time to make something with their own hands, as well as teach and help people with what they are working on. My friends often come to me with questions and I help bounce around ideas and find solutions. I often get more excited about their projects than my own. It's very rewarding to see a sense of accomplishment on someone's face once they realise they actually made something and they are proud of their work.

Just for fun....
Vegemite or Peanut Butter- Peanut Butter
Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring- Spring (although I hate hay fever, I love the flowers)
Cats or Dogs- Cats.... well just one actually, my cat Layla
Pen or Pencil- Pencil
If I were a doll, the accessories packaged with me would be- Well this is a no brainer really. The soles of my shoes would be rubber stamps, so a few pairs of shoes and then handbags which actually opened up into inkpads. Genius!
I know how to cook-most things except for couscous.... it always ends up as mush mush.
Scary Movies or Happy Endings- Happy Endings for sure. I don't even  mind scary movies, a long as they have happy endings.

No comments:

Post a Comment