Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sewn Business Cards

A while ago I was in a rush for some business cards, and didn't have time to order any.
So what does a crafty person do? She makes them.

You will need:
Cardstock
Paper
Glue
Scissors or equivalent
Sewing thread
Sewing machine (or a needle)
Computer & Printer


To begin you need to make some cards the size of business cards. I used MS Publisher's blank business card template so I could put my website, email & facebook page at the bottom.
I used recycled cardstock for the base of my cards.


Next I cut the cards to 2 inches x 3.5 inches 


Then I printed my logo in greyscale, small enough to fit on the cards 


Then you need to cut these out 


Next I glued the logo to the card.
(You can skip this step if you want to but, it stops your logo moving around while you try to sew it) 

Let this dry for a few minutes

Now to sew. I like to use a bright coloured thread so it stands out on the neutral colours of the business card.

Starting on one side using a straight stitch (you can use any stitch you like) sew all the way along the side.
Remember to lock your stitches at the beginning & end of the line. 


Turn it around and sew the other side 


Now you'll have a big pile of cards that look like this
(Hopefully with your logo & contact details) 


Trim off all the threads, and you should be left with some cards that look like this. 


Sally
xxx

1 comment:

  1. They are very cute. However, I'm in love with my new ones I just got from Vistaprint, because they have a QR code on the back for my website. Geeky things like QR codes make me smile.

    ReplyDelete