Sunday, November 6, 2011

Introducing Steff!!!



Hi there, my name is Stef, aka Mod35tBabe on every online forum I've ever been on, and I’m a proud Hand Made-n's Blogger. I’m 25 years old, and reside in the beautiful Snowy Mountains, southern NSW. I’m a 7th generation local and have lived here for all but 2 years of my life. We have a fairly strong artistic community, with 3 small art galleries, two fabric stores and a range of crafting groups.


I live with my parents and 4 pets, a messy Golden Retriever named Buddy, two cats named Bella & Blade and a Cockatiel named Takeshi. I am not currently working due to some medical issues, but am planning to use my various crafting skills to assist me with getting a job in the future. I have a boyfriend named Steve and we have his 3 year old daughter visit on weekends and together we have lots of fun.


I currently participate in a Kazazz scrapbooking and card-making group every Thursday night, am a member of The Monaro Art Group associated with the Raglan Art Gallery and on occasion attend art classes at the local TAFE on Mondays, these are run by the Art Group. 


I enjoy attempting crafts of all sorts, including sewing/embroidery, various paper crafts including origami, card-making and scrapping, quilling, decoupage and ATCs. I also enjoy painting with acrylics and drawing with pencils and charcoal. I am currently also studying Certificate III in Fashion Design & Technology through TAFE by correspondence. This is quite a challenging but very enjoyable course.I have in the past been a writer, a poet and a gamer/geek at varying times but have always continued some form of crafting since I was big enough to paint. Ironically enough I failed home economics (cheated 100% on my sewing assignment by getting a friend of my mother's to do it for me!) and art class.


I’d like to add knitting, crocheting and jewellery making to my current repertoire of skills. My most favourite project I’ve ever made so far was a doll I made for a swap, I fashioned her to look like Anne Boleyn, shown here: 
I shop for craft supplies everywhere, anywhere that even *might* have something useful I will search through thoroughly. Everything from supermarkets, $2 shops, craft specialty shops,  fabric shops, markets, fairs, op-shops and Vinnies/Salvos second hand stores are all places I have found multiple supplies in. I am also always on the lookout for bargains and like to incorporate techniques into my crafting that will make it cheaper. I’m so excited to be able to share my tips and ideas with you all, and to be able to learn from so many others is just incredible


Happy crafting,Stefanie


Just for fun:-
Vegemite or Peanut Butter? Vegemite on toast with melted butter
Summer, Autumn, Winter or Spring? Summer, I hate winter, Spring is lovely with flowers but they make me sneeze, Autumn is too close to winter so Summer it is
Cats or dogs: Both - I live with and love both
Pen or pencil: Pencil
If I were a doll, the accessories packaged with me would be: Sunglasses, mobile, laptop and a sewing machine and a Steve and a Caci doll would be pretty cool also
I know how to cook: omelets and parmesan chips, evidentally
Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings

No comments:

Post a Comment