Thursday, November 3, 2011

Free Christmas printable

As we rapidly approach the season of overspending celebrating, I have been thinking hard about what the holidays really mean. I planned a handmade holiday this year for a variety of reasons.
  1. Christmas/Yule does not revolve around who gets what, but rather celebrating our lives and appreciating our loved ones
  2. All the work and money spent on a single day is, quite frankly, ludicrous 
  3. In order for my children to appreciate quality, meaning and the joy of putting your heart into a gift, they have to experience it properly
  4. I am so sick of cheap, sweat-shop, useless, meaningless crap and my house needs less, NOT more
Quality. Seriously, is it really that hard to understand? Breakages, sweat shop workers and lead paint scares aside, the crap we buy from big stores is severely lacking on anything resembling craftsmanship, individuality or meaning. I'm not the same as the next person, I don't want what they have. I want my own thankyouverymuch. I want custom-made not factory-made!
When did consumers decide that individually crafted is inferior to big-box, same-as-the-next-person stuff? A matter of decades ago, custom orders were a show of taste, fashion and wealth. Now handmade is seen as folksy, cute and *shudder* childish. WTF?


So, in order to further the Handmade Holidays, I give to you this A4-sized printable to share, post, email, link and otherwise spam the world with.

[Copyright Eveningsong Ink, personal use only. Not to be redistributed as your own creation, mass marketed, sold, or used commercially. Please mention/link back me when sharing with others. Linking back to me on blogs and websites is fine as long as you give credit and follow the rest of the copyright mumbo jumbo :) For commercial use please contact me. ]


Click > Show Original > Right Click (Save as)


I will also be posting this on our Facebook. Jump on over and share it share it share it! Spread the word and give yourself a fun and happy holiday season. Also available via Eveningsong Ink blog.

<3 Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment